|Published||May 5, 2022|
|Job Type||Summer Full-time|
|Wage||$12.76 per hour|
Camper Support Workers (formerly known as Counsellors) are responsible to provide supportive assistance to our campers, children, youth and adults experiencing disability, while in attendance at Camp Easter Seal, a summer recreational camp program. This role includes working directly with an assigned group of campers to facilitate their daily care needs and ensure safe participation in the camp program.
- Oversee and provide supportive assistance to assigned campers, such as, but not limited to, ensuring the physical, emotional, and social well-being of the campers served are being met
- Encourage camper participation in all activities; support and participate with the program staff in program implementation
- Provide personal care and support to campers as required
- Effectively organize and problem-solve within the staff teams
- Fully participate in all aspects of team and camp life.
- Post-secondary educational background/experience in disability studies, recreation, health care, social work, education, or related programs is an asset
- Disability Support Worker Certificate or education is considered a strong asset
- Previous experience working or volunteering with persons experiencing disability is an asset
- Adaptable, empathetic and engaging; a creative and outside the box thinker
- Strong self-initiative skills as well as exceptional problem solving and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle multiple demands under pressure
- Ability to positively interact with campers of various ages experiencing disability, all staff and external contacts
Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search.
Camp Easter Seal is located at Manitou Beach, SK; Transportation to and from site is personal responsibility. Room and board is included (scheduled weekdays only).
$12.76 per hour, 10-12 hour shifts (Monday-Friday), including rotational night shift, on a Modified Work Arrangement.